After receiving 19 applications, the Canton Public School District Board of Trustees has narrowed its search down to two finalists for the superintendent's position. The finalists are Jackson Public School District assistant superintendent Gary P. Hannah and Pass Christian Middle School principal Earl Joe Nelson. The board will host a public forum on Monday, December 17, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. at Canton High School. Stakeholders are encouraged to come meet and ask the finalists questions. The deadline to submit questions was December 13, 2018.
CANTON PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT FINALISTS
Gary P. Hannah
• Assistant Superintendent, Jackson Public School District July 2017 – Present
• Deputy Superintendent, Marshall County School District July 2012 – June 2017
• Master of Education – University of Mississippi
• B.S. – Elementary Education – Alabama A & M
• Marshall County Educator of the Year – 2016
Earl Joe Nelson
• Principal, Pass Christian Middle School – Pass Christian School District July 2006 – Present
• Assistant Principal/Lead Teacher, Pass Christian School District 2004 - 2006
• Master of Educational Administration – University of Southern Mississippi
• B. S. – Industrial Technology – Jackson State University
• Pass Christian Administrator of the Year – 2017
403 East Lincoln Street | Canton, MS 39046 Phone: 601-859-4110 | Fax:
Canton Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its programs or activities. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX: Dr. LaToshia Stamps, Director of State and Federal Programs; Canton Public Schools; 403 East Lincoln; Canton, MS 39046; 601-859-2359; email@example.com;and Child Find/Exceptional Services 504: Shelia N. Anthony Canton Public Schools 403 East Lincoln Street Canton, MS 39046 601-859-2179 firstname.lastname@example.org.